Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunflower cake & pops

Posted by Marilyn at 2:47 PM

This sunflower cake order came from a real good friend of mine who wanted to get her boss a birthday cake. I guess she really likes sunflowers, so I got sunflower happy. Can you tell? The cake is a mocha cake brushed with coffee liquor and filled with chocolate cream then iced with chocolate ganache and decorated with fondant sunflowers. Very rich for my taste buds. The cake pops on the other hand are probably richer.... German chocolate cake dipped in chocolate ganache I then added that little sunflower and arranged them in a box with a cute bow and a handmade card. Aside from cakes I love scrap booking & cards.


I like cutesy stuff. I have to admit sometimes I overdo it. Yeah....I'm working on that. hahaha Looks like I'll be making another sunflower cake for the end of this week for someone else, just not chocolate. I actually made a very easy fondant/gum paste tutorial on sunflowers.....but not sure if I should post it. I realized that when I colored my fondant brown I used a bit much, since I did start from white. Well my hands still look a little brown even after the washing, I don't want people to think that they're dirty, if you know what I mean. I'll think about it. Thanks for keeping posted.

0 comments on "Sunflower cake & pops"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez