Friday, December 19, 2008

Delicious Brazo Gitano

Posted by Marilyn at 9:28 PM
This is the best roll ever! Ok, it's called, "Brazo Gitano" aka, jelly roll. I found this recipe online and was hesitant to try because it was a chocolate roll, and I don't really like chocolate but after trying this I love chocolate. I ate the whole thing, it made me sick, but I still like it. Imagine this....chocolate sponge roll filled with fresh sweet whipped cream and a little rum....that's what this is. Death by Brazo Gitano. I will attach the recipe but you have to make it and tell me what you think. It's the best!

Brazo Gitano

5 eggs separated
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp sifted confectioner sugar

Filling

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 tsp rum extract
1 tbsp superfine sugar

Beat yolks & 1/4 cup sugar until thick. Stir in flour, cocoa and vanilla extract mix well.
Whip egg whites until stiff not dry. Fold into yolks and flour mixture. Line and grease 15x8 pan. Bake at 350 x 15 min. Cool for 5 min before rolling in sugar dusted towel.

For filling: combine whipped cream, sugar and rum extract and whip until peaks form.
Fill the cooled roll with whipped cream and voila.....brazo gitano.

0 comments on "Delicious Brazo Gitano"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez