Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kayla's cupcake tower

Posted by Marilyn at 11:55 PM

Made this for my daughter's 8th birthday, ok so it's not a cake but a huge cupcake and a tower of cupcakes. I made the stand from scrap paper and it wasn't that hard to make. Just wish I could've made it a little bigger to fit more cupcakes. I made different flavors like, chocolate hazelnut, vanilla chocolate chip, lemon, confetti all with whipped topping in different flavors. They were a hit and pleased everyones sweet tooth. It looked so nice and colorful, no one wanted to believe the cupcakes were real. I didn't even want take it apart, but you had to eat them. Real fun thing to make I wish everything I made can be cupcakes from now on. LOL

3 comments on "Kayla's cupcake tower"

Danielle on February 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM said...

Yum I love cupcakes! My oldest daughter shares your 8 year olds name!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM said...

That is a really neat cupcake tower. My husband made me a permanent one from metal, but I sure like the portable look of yours. Would you mind sharing how you made it? We are just finishing up the permit process to build a legal kitchen in my home so I can bake legally (finally!) I enjoy your blog.

Kris

Marilyn on February 20, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

Thanks for that comment wasn't hard at all. For the stand used 8x4 cake dummies and covered them in scrap paper (make sure you cut 4" wide). I (taped dumb thing to do) use sticky tape double sided preferably. The cake boards were 8/10/12 round boards also covered in scrap paper and used contact tape to attach to each of them and to stand. I arranged them sorda different just liked it like that, but you can arrange any way you'd like. Edges around board I used very thin ribbon at Michaels and also used sticky tape around the edge to get it to stick. I hope this helps. Thanks!

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez