Sunday, April 12, 2009

Flan de crema

Posted by Marilyn at 1:35 PM

Well, since we didn't do anything special for Easter but clean house and be lazy. I treated myself and kids to, Flan de crema. I got the recipe from a friend some time back and I make my flan like this all the time. It's a hit and everyone really likes it. I will post the recipe for you guys to make and tell me how you like it.
Recipe for Flan de crema
1 can evaporated milk
1 can condensed milk
1 cup of whole milk
6 eggs
1 box (8oz) of cream cheese
Syrup
1 cup granulated sugar for syrup
Pre-heat to 375.
In a blender, blend all ingredients except sugar until smooth. In the meantime in a small saucepan put in your 1 cup of sugar on med-high until it turns into syrup (do not add water).
Syrup should be a caramel color. Once done immediately pour syrup into your baking pan coating the entire bottom. Now you can add the blended ingredients to the pan. Cover top of pan tightly with foil and cook in bain marie (double broiler method) making sure the water in the bottom comes up halfway to the flan pan. Cook for 1 hour. Once done, remove from oven let cool before putting in refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve chilled.

0 comments on "Flan de crema"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez