Sunday, September 13, 2009

49er stork cake

Posted by Marilyn at 9:44 PM
Here's one I have never done before. First time making a stork, I hope it passes for a stork? I found this picture of a stork and tried to copy it with the exception that my stork is a little fatter. Hey chubby is good! lol There's a reason why I say that.....I'm on the heavy side. Haha The idea was to have the 49 er color and a 49er theme, but I didn't want to put a 49er symbol all over, then it wouldn't look like a baby shower cake. So, I just wrote on the storks hat 49ers and on the little baby's hat. The mommy to be was having a baby boy and her theme for the nursery... I think.... was going to be niner's, or it could be just that they are huge 49er fans....not real sure. The storks body was cake and the head was gum paste and so was the baby. Vanilla cake with raspberry filling....mmm...one of my favorites. All butter cream and I used that impression mat to make it look a bit like a quilt. I hope mom to be liked it!

0 comments on "49er stork cake"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez