Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cowboy hat

Posted by Marilyn at 12:48 PM

Made this one for a real good friend of ours, Chencho, he plays the accordion for, "Novillos del Norte." I was originally going to make an accordion cake but it didn't work out like that. I settled on making a cowboy hat instead. Wasn't hard at all, I thought it would be a bit more difficult than it looked. Anyhow, I got a lot of nice complements on it at the party, that's always nice. I wasn't trying to feed the whole party with it, just made it as a personal small gift for him. It was a butter pecan rum cake with a custard filling and carved in the shape of the hat. I then iced in butter cream and covered in my favorite fondant. It's all white like the original hats these guys wear nowadays and made the black ribbon around the base of the hat out of black fondant also. I added the name of the group on a edible sheet and my husband said we should've added it to the hat, I thought it would look nicer on the board but he decided on this one. Was pretty pleased with the turnout. Thanks for looking.

0 comments on "Cowboy hat"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez