Sunday, August 9, 2009

My first wedding cake....

Posted by Marilyn at 10:37 AM

Here it is! Very simple....that's how she wanted it. Top layer is chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. Middle tier vanilla cake with raspberry white chocolate, bottom tier carrot with cream cheese filling. I love the middle tier I think that's what made me sick.....I had all the left over white chocolate...and I'm not a chocolate person. The cake was covered in white chocolate ganache and then I used fondant. I piped (I need to work on that) freehand swirls and vines, I used white chocolate to do that, it's harder to work with in my opinion because it dries so fast. I'll try royal icing next time. Otherwise, I loved white chocolate ganache, I think I'll be using that from now on instead of butter cream under my fondant. As for fondant I won't anything else than, Fondx. I love it, it's so easy to work with and soft. I'm pretty happy with the results, I could've added more color but this was what bride chose, some fuchsia would have been awesome, since those were her colors. The hall was really pretty and bright with lime and fuchsia colors, I kind of felt like the cake was so simple and didn't really stand out, although people just kept coming up to see it and take picture as I was there. I hope she liked it, that;s the most important thing.

0 comments on "My first wedding cake...."

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez