Sunday, July 12, 2009

123...Elmo cake

Posted by Marilyn at 11:55 AM

Gabby's birthday cake. This is for an old school friend's daughter. I made their daughter's christening cake and they loved it so this was another order (hopefully they have enough). I hope they like it. It's a marble cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Whipped cream icing and used a little butter cream for the borders, I needed the bright colors. I made the street sign in her name and the number/letters out of fondant. Since fondant and whipped cream don't go well together I used a little butter cream under each letter and sign to keep it from melting. I made Elmo, poor Elmo he looks like Cookie monster in disguise. lol He was make from rice krispy treats and covered in butter cream. I couldn't find my fur tip, so I just used my spatula. He's a little heavier looking than he should be but nowadays he looks normal. lol Just kidding! Thanks for keeping posted!

0 comments on "123...Elmo cake"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez