Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gumpaste baby shoes

Posted by Marilyn at 10:18 PM

I made these gum paste shoes and have posted a tutorial. It's not the best because I was only allowed 5 pictures so I chose the best ones. This picture shows you a plain little baby shoe, but in the back you can see what I've done with the other 2 pairs. I've added a little bow to one pair and some little flowers to another pair, all of gum paste. I did attach accessories as they were drying but not hard. I know, I get a little impatient and want it all done fast. You can also color the fondant to any color you choose, I made them all white because I have a christening cake this weekend and still don't know what shoes I want to add to the cake. Hmmm Since I don't like plain baby girl shoes, I feel like I have to add something to these ones, they're too plain. I will also add a link for you to get the pattern to make these shoes. I found it on Cake Central here it is: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=574533 Hopefully it works, just click on it and it should take you to the template, you can right click on the picture and save it to your computer then later print it out. You can use any gum paste of your choice, I used the Wilton recipe on the back of Gum Tex can. Real simple and it dries real fast too, you can find it on Wilton's website if you need it. You can also click on the You Tube videos I have posted down below and see Edna do her famous gum paste. She's good at what she does and while your at it check out all her other videos. Well nice talking to you and hope you enjoyed it! I promise I'll post my cakes for this weekend as soon as I finish them. Bye!

1 comments on "Gumpaste baby shoes"

Anna Schafer on December 15, 2020 at 2:05 AM said...

I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? totshoes.com

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez