Saturday, July 18, 2009

JJ's Graduation cake

Posted by Marilyn at 10:54 AM

Here's the tres leches I made for my nephew. I like the turn out, so far it hasn't oozed out from the bottom. Well I figured if you overdo it like they do in the Mexican bakeries then that's when it happens. I don't like mine really wet to begin with so this should be good. I will let you know what it's like when we cut it. This cake here is a 12" round, for some reason I really like round cakes, maybe because I can't get crisp perfect corners on my square cakes. lol That's sounds true though, at least I can be honest with myself and straight forward with others. The borders I did with butter cream and I did this little ruffle at the bottom before piping the yellow shell, I'd always wanted to try that. I figured I would on one of my own family cakes, in case I mess up it's just family. Ha ha I also found these boards that I set this cake on at Party City in the cake area, I love them. Not to bad price wise and saves from covering regular boards and you get that scalloped edge. Nice huh? Anyhow got to get to the other cake, Bye!

0 comments on "JJ's Graduation cake"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez