Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hot Wheels for a baby shower?

Posted by Marilyn at 11:30 AM

Pretty weird request, but coming from, Michelle, I'm not surprised. So her brother's having a baby boy next month (well not her brother but his girlfriend) and they are into Hot Wheels. Since Michelle couldn't figure out the theme she just bought 3 different color blue decorations so that's how the cake got it's colors. I know Hot Wheels are usually royal blue, orange, yellow...and so on. On the other hand this is what she wanted and my job is to make it. I came home to another disaster when I was going to start my cake......my fondant. For the life of me I tried to save it and it just didn't work....it dried out and would crack no matter how much shortening I used. I just about died at 3am when I gave up. Got up at 6am and did what I could with the ever so famous butter cream. It turned out ok considering it was supposed to be fondant. I hope she likes it and they enjoy it. Top tier was chocolate chip cake with chocolate butter cream. Middle tier was vanilla cake with cream cheese filling. Bottom tier was chocolate cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

0 comments on "Hot Wheels for a baby shower?"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez