Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Christening dress cake

Posted by Marilyn at 10:13 AM

Here it is, the christening cake. I know it's not your typical white dress. The day before it was due I get a call from the baby's father who goes on to tell me that he wants the cake to be lavender. Well everything was all white, so I had to go back and color the little bows and make the cake itself the same color. Not your typical christening cake, but it's still cute. I really liked the turnout and so did the parents and guests at the party. I finally got my Fondx in and got to try it for the first time. I loved the flavor and it's so easy to work with. I was rolling it thin for the dress so it would tear here and there, but I got used to the texture and was able to do it right. The shoes, hat and rosary I made out of gum paste a few days ahead. It all turned out pretty smooth this time around, usually I have some trouble here and there. Can't complain! Thanks for keeping posted.

3 comments on "Christening dress cake"

Unknown on July 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this Morn Creations bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Audrey on July 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM said...

Beautiful cake! I love how the lavender details turned out--good job! :)

Marilyn on July 22, 2009 at 10:44 PM said...

Thank you for your nice comments!

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez