Friday, May 15, 2009

Let's play...Operation!

Posted by Marilyn at 9:13 PM


This was a fun cake to make, it reminds me of my childhood. I even bought my kids the newer version which then was Shrek and you'd have to pull his ear wax and all.......yum. ?!%$* Maybe not on a cake. So this one is for my doctor's at the clinic they both have birthdays this month, so I decided to make a little cake for them, and my boss decided on the theme. She thought they would get a kick out of it. I made a lemon almond pound cake with a whipped lemon cream. I tried a few new things this time around. Lorann oils & airbrushing the whole cake. I have the hardest time unclogging my airbrush, thanks to some members on Cake Central I unclogged it. I was under the impression the so called cleaner did all that, but "NO" you have to take the darn thing apart and gently and patiently (I don't have that) clean it. So after almost going through all my red to get this result I've decided maybe coloring the butter cream would be easier than spraying it. Well at least the tweezers came out okay. Should've used those on my eyebrows. lol Kidding! Thanks for keeping up on my blog, I will have plenty of cakes this weekend to post, I've just been busy with other things and cakes.

1 comments on "Let's play...Operation!"

Danielle on May 18, 2009 at 8:03 AM said...

Very cute!

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez