Monday, March 9, 2009

Grace's disaster cake.......

Posted by Marilyn at 4:22 PM

I know I should post nice cake pictures but this is one of those things you just don't forget. Yeah....cake down. After 6 hours of work on this "Kathy" purse it was approximately 3am when I was trying to move the cake to clean up some water that had spilled near the cake and the carton below just bent and the purse cake fell. This was really upsetting, I was erked. I was going to paint the buckles and little brad looking things silver and that's it. But I was determined to finish the cake and go to sleep......cake happens. So you can see what resulted of this disaster in my next post.

2 comments on "Grace's disaster cake......."

Grandma Tillie's Bakery on March 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM said...

Wow--sorry to see that happen after all that work! So what do you think went wrong?

Kris

Marilyn on March 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM said...

I went to lift and move it to clean up a spill and I didn't have enough support, I only had one 10x13 board.......yeah. I thought it was ok for a quick move. Hadn't done the base cake yet because I was so worried about getting the purse done. Oh well that's over I've learned a real good lesson.

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez