Monday, March 30, 2009

My Empanadas

Posted by Marilyn at 4:37 PM

These are addictive little things, you just want to eat one after another. They are the easiest thing to make too. I will post recipe so you can make them and let me know what you think. I filled them with strawberry preserves, that's all I had at the moment but you can fill them with anything. We call them empanadas or turnovers same thing. I don't fry them. I know some do me...I bake.. I love to bake. Ok so here's the recipe.
Dough:
2 cups flour
1 stick of butter (softened)
1 8 oz. box of cream cheese (softened)
Filling:
1 tsp. fruit preserve
To make the dough you need to combine all three ingredients and knead for about 3-5 minutes until well mixed. Dough should be soft not sticky. Break it up in 3 parts and roll out aprox. 3/16 inch thick (like a thick flour tortilla). Using a tall drinking glass or a 3"round cutter cut your circles, fill with 1 tsp of fruit preserve of your choice (apricot, pineapple, strawberry...) fold in half and use fork to close pushing down to crimp. Preheat oven to 375. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 min. As soon as they come out of oven you can dip them in, granulated sugar while hot (optional).
I told you they were the easiest thing and you don't need a ton of ingredients. Enjoy!

1 comments on "My Empanadas"

Grandma Tillie's Bakery on March 31, 2009 at 9:31 AM said...

I'll give these a try this week. My husband's family is Polish and I make Pierogi all the time, but they are savory rather than sweet. Thanks for posting!

Kris

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez