Monday, March 23, 2009

Mario & Luigi cake & cupcakes

Posted by Marilyn at 9:50 AM

These were time consuming little things because all the cutting is freehand, but I like the bright colors. I made 36 cupcakes and a 10" cake. It was for my husbands cousins two little boys she decided to celebrate both her boys birthdays in one. So we made Mario & Luigi. The characters were made with fondant and a little tylose, I can never get the gum paste to do wonders for me. It dries out and then cracks. I tried Sweetex for the first time and I'm so happy. It so much easier to smooth onto cake, I really love it. I figured my last cake was made of fondant but not everyone likes fondant, so I settled on butter cream and it worked! Well not much more to say about the cakes. Thanks for looking!

0 comments on "Mario & Luigi cake & cupcakes"

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez