Monday, March 30, 2009

Mario's back again.

Posted by Marilyn at 10:27 AM

My camera wasn't working so this is a picture that Rosita took and I stole from her my space. They loved it and that's what counts. Cake was 2 tier, top was vanilla cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries and bottom cake was chocolate with whipped cream and bananas. Little story behind it.Here we go....I had went to sleep at 3 am Sunday morning working on Mario and other little things, so I set my cell alarm so I wouldn't wake anyone at 6am. I figured I'd get some 3 hours of sleep, well I don't know how crazy I slept but my phone was under my back and the alarm never went off. So...I woke up to the morning sun in my face at 8am (nice sleep hhhmm....snore) and was real behind because we were supposed to leave my house to the bay area at 9am. Didn't happen! My little one decided he's was going to stick his finger in my already iced smooth cake...aaarrrrgh! I am going ballistic and late...... I begin to fix the cake and finally start to put my top tier on when ......yeah how'd you guess...it fell over and messed up by bottom and ruined my top. I was just about ready to give up on cakes. In my rush to scream and run off like those crazy runaway brides, I break a glass cup spill what's in it all over the floor. SHOOT ME PLEASE!!!! Well just thinking about it erks me but it turned out and we were late to work but the cake arrive in one piece after gluing it together with Crazy glue for a 2 hour drive. lol I'm just kidding. Well it turned out, let's put Mario to rest for a while...please. Thanks for tuning in.

3 comments on "Mario's back again."

Danielle on March 31, 2009 at 2:32 AM said...

WOW that cake is perfect great job!

Marilyn on March 31, 2009 at 8:53 AM said...

Thanks!

Rosita on April 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

Hola Marilyn,

Just Wanted to let you know you got your self an A+ ! You have some talent there! I wish i had time to bake, and if i do trust me it never comes out as Good as your cakes ! Well Thanks for making my pumpkins Mario Cake he totally loved it !! I owe you one = )

Thxs

- Rosita

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez