Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Talk all you want....

Posted by Marilyn at 9:18 AM

Hello.....hello. Well it's a cake not a phone, no it's a cake phone....ok forget it, it's an iphone cake. I made this for my boss's son who by the way works for Apple and designed some of the games that are on this thingy. His favorite cake was lemon poppy seed and that's what he got covered in vanilla black fondant, which I'm sure everyone had a black mouth when they were done eating it. I took this picture with my cell phone. Camera not working at the moment, maybe it's time for a new one. Everything's edible. I just bought my printer and some edible ink and have been making things like crazy. I almost used up using all my edible paper getting to use the darn things, but as you can see it works. Wasn't as hard as it looks actually a simple pleasant cake to make, the most important thing is they loved it. And that made all the difference.

4 comments on "Talk all you want...."

Grandma Tillie's Bakery on March 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM said...

Neat cake! I was glad to see it since my brother's birthday is April 12th and I was thinking how cool an iphone would be for his cake since he is addicted to his.

I don't have an edible ink printer--in your opinion would fondant be adequate for all the little application pictures?

Kris

Marilyn on March 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM said...

I don't see why not, my problem was getting the icons to look so perfect. Since her son does work dor Apple and is a perfectionist, I had to make it look right. But yeah, fondant is edible. If you would like for me to make the icons let me know I can print and mail to you. It is a very simple cake to do.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery on March 26, 2009 at 10:43 AM said...

I can't seem to get these comments to post...trying again...

I would be very grateful if you could send me the edible icon sheet. Hoe big was your cake? This would need to feed approx. 25 people. Do you have Paypal? I can send you $$ right away... Thanks!

Kris

Marilyn on March 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM said...

Yes I do have paypal, don't know how that works, but maybe I can figure it out. The cake I made was an 8x10, pretty small. But...my sheets are 8x10(good for 1/4 sheet)do you want just the icons or do you want it just like what I made here? Let me know and I can get it in the mail today if need so. Thanks!

Post a Comment

 

Cake-me-love Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez